We are one week away from Thanksgiving and I am so excited to be going back to Chicago to see my husband’s family and spend time with them! Until then, I have a pretty busy week photographing some more recipes – one is a delicious hostess gift for the holidays and the other is a Christmas stuffing recipe inspired by my dad. So while the next week and a half are going to be a little busy for me, I am happy that it will be filled with time spent with family, reminiscing on the things that we are grateful for, and enjoying a delicious dinner with the people I love! Since I’m preparing to head out of town next week, I’ll be making some meals that are quick and easy to hold us over until we have to go. This week’s recipe, ancho chili-roasted cauliflower and potatoes, is one I make often given how delicious, versatile, and healthy it is. On any given Sunday, you’ll likely find me in our small kitchen surrounded by tons of chopped vegetables, preparing to roast them for the upcoming week. With some brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, or carrots, we’ll have the makings for a few dinners for the week that we can just reheat. These roasted vegetables in particular are so tasty – the ancho chili powder, cumin, and coriander turn plain cauliflower and potatoes into something uniquely flavorful that pairs perfectly with my Colombian-Style Picadillo. Roasting the cauliflower and potatoes also gives the vegetables a slightly charred flavor that acts in combination with the blend of spices to push this dish to another level! On top of their wonderful flavor, this recipe is also vegan, Whole30, and contains only seven ingredients – most of which you likely already have. If you’re looking for more than a side dish, I often put the roasted cauliflower and potatoes in a tortilla and add toppings to make vegetarian tacos. Honestly, you won’t even miss the meat at all!
So, in the week leading up to Thanksgiving, I highly suggest giving this recipe a try!Print
Ancho-Chili Roasted Cauliflower and Potatoes
The most flavorful roasted cauliflower and potato side dish you’ll ever have! Each bite is packed with ancho chili pepper, cumin, and coriander! You won’t want to stop eating them!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4-5 servings as a side
- Category: Side dishes
- 1 medium-large head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- ½ pound of mini potatoes, quartered (any kind would work well!)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons of ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of ground coriander
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a small bowl mix the salt, ancho chili powder, cumin and coriander together.
- In a larger bowl mix the chopped cauliflower and potatoes together. Add the spice mix and the olive oil and toss well so it is evenly distributed.
- Divide the vegetables evenly unto two ungreased baking sheets, making sure that the vegetables are not crowded together.
- Roast for 25-30 min, turning them halfway and switching the bottom and top baking sheets in the oven rack as well.
- Serve warm.
- I like to use two baking sheets instead of one, because if the vegetables roast too close together they end up steamed instead of roasted.